Friday, September 9, 2016

Day One Friday

We left Lexington, SC about 915 and got into Rome, GA about 815.  Heavy traffic around the Atlanta area held us up.  Here is the route as cloned from the GPS.

Ok  How many miles did we travel?  I forget to set the Second odometer on the bike so I have to calculate it from the GPS. So the numbers add up to 325 miles

Did not get many pictures today but hare are some from Tocca Falls College (name may not be exact)











A video from the Gift Shop making lot before we walked up to the falls

And if that video does not work. Try here

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0d35ol9d7d7tv5i/AACmmDf-8tvHIVEcZXF7HOjEa?dl=0

I added two more video files to the dropbox folder above.

I added a third video to the dropbox folder above.  The video's entitled "Road Ends" is not an unusual occurrence.  If you use a mapping program or the GPS to plan a route, there are some assumptions made.  Almost every trip I have planned through rural areas has had at least one opportunity to hit a "Road Ends" sign.  Sometimes we have taken them.  Sometimes, like Friday, we did not.

A lot depends on the apparent "quality" of the dirt road.  I remember one trip we planned that wanted me to take a "Foot Bridge" across a river.  It was big enough for the bike but not meant for vehicles.

The blog below is from our trip to West Virginia and Kentucky earlier this year.  We also found a "Road Ends" sign there as well

http://carolinarider03.blogspot.com

More Saturday


No comments:

Post a Comment